Friday, December 11, 2020

Being Yoked with Christ

ABOUT BEING YOKED WITH CHRIST
By Duane V. Maxey
      Mt 11:29-30 -- "Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

*     *     *     *     *     *     *

INTRODUCTION

       There is quite a lot in the Bible about the "YOKE."  Let me Introduce this message with an item found in the August 19 portion of "The King's Allowance" by George Brubaker Kulp -- All Caps Mine:

       "There are two bows or loops to a yoke. A YOKE IN ACTION HAS BOTH SIDES OCCUPIED, and as surely as I bow down my head and slip it into the bow on the one side, I know There is Somebody Else On The Other Side. It is yoked living now, yoked fellowship, yoked service. It is not working FOR GOD now, it is working with him. Jesus never sends anybody ahead alone. He says, 'Come along together, you and I.'"

       This said, let us First Notice:

*     *     *     *     *     *     *

01 -- WE HAVE NO CHOICE ABOUT BEING YOKED
       Whether we like it or not, God created Man to "Be Yoked." Each of us will wear and bear the yoke of some "Yoke-fellow."  In Philippians 4:3, the apostle Paul address his TRUE YOKEFELLOW.
       Again, every person who reaches the age of accountability, will make the moral choice of being Yoked Together with either his TRUE YOKEFELLOW, or with his FALSE YOKEFELLOW.  No accountable person can "Go It Alone."  Thus, any man who claims to be morally and spiritually neutral has, in fact, taken upon himself the FALSE YOKEFELLOW, satan.
       Thus, when we read in Lamentations 3:27, "It is good for a man that he bear the yoke in his youth," God is telling us that "it is good for a man" to choose and bear the yoke of his TRUE YOKEFELLOW.

*     *     *     *     *     *     *

02 -- EVERYONE SHOULD BEAR THE YOKE OF CHRIST!
       It was A. B. Simpson who wrote:
       "Jesus is standing in Pilate's hall,
       friendless, forsaken, betrayed by all;
       hearken! what meaneth the sudden call?
       What will YOU do with Jesus?
       Jesus invites us, saying: "Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
       There are MANY reasons why one should choose to take Christ's yoke: one of them being, that HE IS THY TRUE YOKEFELLOW!  Bless His Wonderful Name!
       Every accountable person on earth should respond in the spirit of these words of the hymn-writer:
       "Jesus, I give thee my heart today!
       Jesus, I'll follow thee all the way,
       gladly obeying thee!" will YOU say:
       "THIS I WILL DO WITH JESUS!"

*     *     *     *     *     *     *

03 -- WE SHOULD BEAR CHRIST'S YOKE BECAUSE IT IS "EASY"
       Jesus told us, "My Yoke is EASY."  Long ago, I recall reading, or hearing" that "EASY" here we can understand as "WELL-FITTING."
       He created us, and He knows the exact spiritual-shape that perfectly fits us.  And, opposite us, Jesus Himself wears and bears the opposite of our yoke exactly, being in Perfect Balance to our yoke! Whereas, those who bear "UNEQUAL yoke" (2 Cor. 6:14) of the "False Yokefellow" are actually pulling the Whole Burden BY THEMSELVES!  What a Lying, and Hating Yokefellow he is!  He has the same spirit as the Egyptian Taskmasters who withheld "the straw" while demanding the same amount of production!

*     *     *     *     *     *     *

04 -- CHRIST'S YOKE FREES US FROM "THE YOKE OF BONDAGE"
       In Galatians 5:1, God's Word says:-- "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not ENTANGLED AGAIN WITH THE YOKE OF BONDAGE.
       In Egypt, Israel wore an awful "Yoke of Bondage":
       Thus, in Leviticus 26:13 we read: -- "I am the Lord your God, which brought you forth out of the land of Egypt, that ye should not be their bondmen; and I have broken THE BANDS OF YOUR YOKE, and made you go upright."
       In Deuteronomy 28:48 God warned Israel of the awful bondage they would suffer if they were "again entangled" with the "yoke of Bondage":  "Thou shalt thou serve thine enemies which the Lord shall send against thee, in hunger, and in thirst, and in nakedness, and in want of all things: and he shall PUT A YOKE OF IRON UPON THY NECK, UNTIL HE HAVE DESTROYED THEE."
       Across the centuries, MANY who found that wearing the yoke of Satan would have slain them, had not Christ have delivered them from Satan's murderous bondage!

*     *     *     *     *     *     *

05 -- CHRIST'S YOKE BECOMES LIGHTER
       Whereas Jesus said, "My burden is LIGHT"
       Satan's Yoke always becomes HEAVIER, and more burdensom! WORSE!  1Ki 12:11 tells of the counsel of Rehoboam to the ten tribes: -- "Whereas my father did lade you with a heavy yoke, I WILL ADD TO YOUR YOKE: my father hath chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scorpions."
       This comment in Psalm 38:4 is the testimony of many sinners: "Mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me."  Here is what Satan promises for you, if you stay yoked to him: I WILL ADD TO YOUR YOKE:
       Christ provides the ONLY way to "Lighten That Load":-- "Take my yoke upon you . . and ye shall find rest unto your souls."
       Countless numbers of Christians have found His Promise is TRUE!


No comments:

Post a Comment