Friday, February 18, 2022

2-18-2022 Devotion: Fruits

 Matthew 7: 16: "You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? I have used this word numerous times over the years. Sometimes it is the test that will protect you from someone that intends to harm you. You can't get a grape from thorns and you can't get a fig from thistles. A righteous person will have fruit coming forth from their life that you can see. It will be really clear. I remember being in a doctoral apologetics class. The entire class came down to one question: "So, how is that working out for you?" Years later, I was witnessing to a man who believed in New Age chakra points. I asked him, "How is it working out for you?" He said, "Not very well, I've just been charged with my third Driving Under the Influence charge." I gave him the truth of the gospel because he at least listened because he knew that the fruits of his belief system were rotten. Always be ready to share the truth. You may produce some good fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment