Friday, March 18, 2022

3-18-2022 Devotion: Never Alone

 Exodus 29: 45: "I will dwell among the children of Israel and will be their God." Most people are familiar with red lettered Bibles where the words of the Lord Jesus Christ are written in red letters in the New Testament. I have a special Bible that has the words spoken by God in the Old Testament also in red letters. The verse today is in red letters. That God would be the God of the children of Israel and that they would be His people is an amazing blessing, but He is also stating that He will dwell with them. This was an important reality to the new nation being formed. As New Testament believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, we have the same promise to us. Hebrews 13: 5 saysin part: "I will never leave you nor forsake you." The Lord Jesus Christ wants to dwell with you. Let that sink in. Salvation brings the presence of the Holy Spirit inside your heart and also surrounding you as you go forth in this life. Know that you are never alone. My dad would say to me, "I've got my eye on you." The blessed Trinity of God the Father, the Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit say, "I've got my eye on you." He is dwelling with you and that is a comfort (No matter what circumstances look like).

No comments:

Post a Comment