Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Highway Of Holiness Truth 11

JESUS, I AM COMING HOME!


INTRODUCTION


Sadly, SO MANY today are members of professed Holiness Churches, but they are backslidden in heart.  Their doctrinal beliefs have not changed since the time, years ago, in which they were saved and sanctified, but, via TV, Internet Movies, Ball Games, and various other Worldly Entertainments, etc., they have begun to "love the world."  You know that that means: -- Jesus said in 1 John 2:15, "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. IF ANY MAN LOVE THE WORLD, THE LOVE OF THE FATHER IS NOT IN HIM."  WE SIMPLY CANNOT LOVE BOTH CHRIST AND THE WORLD -- AT THE SAME TIME!


Highway Of Holiness Truth 11 is presented as the Poetic Message Of A Penitent backslider in heart.  It is hoped that the development of its thoughts will echo the hunger and cry of every backslider in heart who reads it, until the words, "JESUS, I AM COMING HOME" truly DO BECOME the honest testimonial of their penitential return to Christ and His Narrow Way that leadeth unto Life! -- Duane V. Maxey, May 10, 2013


*     *     *


JESUS, I AM COMING HOME!


1

Many souls must say today:

I'm no longer in the way.

I was white as drifted snow;

Now I'm stained with sin, I know.


2

Once the joy-bells rang within,

Now I mourn, weighed down with sin;

Once I had no fear of death,

Now I dread it -- with each breath!


3

Once my heart was full of praise,

God was near through passing days.

All my cares on Christ I rolled

And His glory I extolled.


4

JESUS, I AM COMING HOME!

Never more from Thee to roam!

See -- before Thee now I fall.

Save me Lord, now hear my call!


5

If, this moment You'll forgive,

I no more in sin will live!

Wash away my ev-ry sin,

Cleanse me, Savior, take me in!


6

All these tears that fall like rain

Cannot make me clean again;

But Thy blood at Cal-va-ry,

Is my only hope and plea!


7

Wash me in that Crimson flood!

Save me with Thy Precious blood!

Even now, I feel your love.

Dost Thou save me, God of Love?


8

O, YOU'VE DONE IT! AND YOU'RE HERE!

Filling me with peace and cheer!

GLORY BE TO GOD ON HIGH!

Gone is all my fear to die!


9

O, your LOVE, YOUR WONDROUS LOVE!

Floods me from your Throne above!

Thy Light shines upon my path!

Now I'm saved from sin and wrath!


10

Savior, Thou hast brought me back,

After I strayed from Thy track;

Now Lord, sanctify my soul;

Get me home to Heaven's goal!


11

I'll be careful not to stray

From the blessed Narrow Way;

World-li-ness I'll ever shun

With its vain and empty fun.


12

With the purified in heart

I shall ever do my part,

With them give Thee ALL my love--

Here on earth, and then, ABOVE!


-- Duane V. Maxey, May 5, 2015 --


No comments:

Post a Comment