Monday, July 26, 2021

Have you been born again?

This is the most important question you will ever answer? Have you been born again? Is Jesus Christ the Lord of your life?

I have been speaking on my pod cast on being a slave for the Lord Jesus Christ, not being ashamed of the gospel and on the dangers of preaching "another gospel." My concern is that many people who claim to be Christians don't seem to have the same salvation as we read about in the Holy Bible. Over the last few weeks, I have seen or heard of professing believers involved as follows:

1. Leaving their spouse because of past hurts;

2. Using foul and abusive language including profanity;

3. Lusting after someone not your spouse;

4. Being deceptive including lying;

5. Making financial success their main goal.

Candidly, I could go on, but the point is made that many people who claim to be Christians are not living like they are. Two Scriptures to meditate (means to mutter, i.e. speak to yourself softly) on:

1. Matthew 7: 21-23: "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I (Jesus) profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

2. John 14: 15: "If ye love me (Jesus), keep my commandments."

A true believer is one that has had the Holy Spirit convict them that they are a sinner in need of a Savior. It is not about "accepting Christ" or "making a decision for Jesus." It is about having a radical transformation with the Lord Jesus Christ. A key word is "Lord." 1 Corinthians 12: 3 states in part: "and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost." 

Listen carefully to people who say things like, "I believe in God," or "I accepted Jesus," or "I made a decision for Jesus." No one is saved unless Jesus is their Lord and Savior. "He must be Lord of all or He is not Lord at all." And, no one will see that He is Lord until they see their lost condition.

A final thought: are you born again? If so, how did the Lord Jesus Christ save you?More to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment