Friday, April 1, 2022

4-1-2022 Devotion: Trauma

 Isaiah 6: 1, 5: "In the year king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and His train (robe) filled the temple. Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts." We have looked at two errors regarding being in the presence of God and His holiness and today we look at a third. The third camp thinks they are in His Presence when they sway back and forth and sing some song they like. Their idea of worship is to have a good sensual experience of worship for themselves. They may want to “wait in His Presence and soak.” They may have thoughts, visions, or dreams of Jesus laying down next to them, crawling into bed with them, or going for long walks. These camps are missing the true nature of God’s holiness. I stake my eternal destiny that according to the Scriptures, God’s holiness is so perfect and glorious that if a man experienced it, he would be traumatized by the experience. Holiness is an important subject and we want a Biblical understanding of it. We need to approach God with reverential fear and awe. For the most part, we have become too comfortable in our prayer and worship. He is not, "the man upstairs," "the old man," "the universe," or some other common name. He is Yahweh, the LORD God Almighty, and we need to fear Him when we pray and worship. how ministers can tell jokes from the pulpit or funny stories when people are dying and going to hell, is beyond my capability to understand. Let us be serious about our faith. In prayer, ask God to use your experience of His great mercy for His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment