Tuesday, April 5, 2022

4-5-2022 Devotion: Repentance

 Job 38: 1-3: " Then the Lord spoke to Job out of the storm. He said: “Who is this that obscures my plans with words without knowledge? Brace yourself like a man.  I will question you, and you shall answer me." Job 42: 6: "Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes." What was Job’s response to the presence of the Lord? “Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.” (Job 42: 6) After God appeared to Job in the whirlwind, Job is humbled and sees his lack of holiness in comparison to the holiness of God. This should be our response if we claim to be in the presence of the Lord. His Perfection and Holiness is so intense that it should drive us to repent. How often do you hear this response? Rarely. People talk about Jesus wanting to go on walks with them or crawl into bed with them. These people are deceived and need to be genuinely converted. They are not saved. They are under a delusion. Another thing I do is listen to how they refer to the Lord Jesus Christ. Do they call Him, "Sweet Jesus," or "Jesus" or "My Jesus?" If so, there is a good probability they don't know Him. They are in the Matthew 7 category ("I never knew you.). What did Paul say on the subject in Romans 10: 9-10: "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." (Emphasis Supplied) There is no salvation unless He is Lord of your life. That is the Savior, our Lord! 

No comments:

Post a Comment