Monday, April 4, 2022

4-4-2022 Devotion: Holiness

 Habakkuk 3: 15, 16: “Thou didst walk through the sea with thine horses, through the heap of great waters. When I heard, my belly trembled; my lips quivered at the voice: rottenness entered into my bones, and I trembled in myself, that I might rest in the day of trouble: when he cometh up unto the people, he will invade them with his troops.” Habakkuk trembled before the perfection and holiness of our Lord. He recognized his own sin. Habakkuk described his experience in response to the works of the Lord: “I hear, and my body trembles; my lips quiver at the sound; rottenness enters my bones; my legs tremble beneath me.” That is one of the characteristics of being in the presence of the Lord, you recognize your unholiness. You tremble with fear at the holiness of God. How does this compare with what passes today for the “presence of the Lord?” What are the similarities you see between Isaiah, Job and Habukkuk? There is a reverential fear in being in the Presence of the Lord. It appears overwhelming. Also, the people have an understanding of how unholy they are. For years, I called myself a holiness preacher. My message hasn't changed except to become more rugged and primitive. However, I don't refer to myself as holy. The only holiness I have is the imputed holiness from my Lord Jesus Christ. I am striving to be holy but as long as I am clothed in flesh, I know that I will always be a work in progress. One day, I will be holy...in heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment