Tuesday, April 26, 2022

4-26-2022 Devotion: More Playing Church

 1 Corinthians 15: 1-4: “Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures….” The Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, which is "the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth," will not bargain with the world. God does not run a bargaining counter. The glory of Adam's flesh must and will pass away, must and will come to an end. The Holy Spirit must and will wither the flesh of every sinner, whether in or out of the church in bringing that individual to Christ. He will come to the end of all flesh, because Gal. 6:14 says, "God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world." When God gets ready to save a sinner, He sets aside everything that sinner is by nature, or ever hopes to be, and makes a new creation. Salvation is wrought in the heart by the Holy Spirit through the Word. Paul said in Gal. 2:20, "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God..." No sinner is ever saved until they take responsibility for their sin. It is our responsibility to preach the Word of God to the lost. The Holy Spirit will apply that Word to the heart of the unbeliever. That is called Holy Spirit conviction.

No comments:

Post a Comment