Wednesday, April 6, 2022

4-6-2022 Devotion: True Holiness

 Revelation 1: 17: “And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last ....” John, the beloved disciple, when he saw the risen Lord, he fell at his feet as dead. I would call that traumatized. This is the response when people are truly in the presence of the Lord. Sinful flesh cannot handle the presence of the Lord. There are people that call themselves “holiness people.” They say this because of their manner of dress (primarily fixated on the USA in the mid 1950s). Women wear long dresses, don’t cut their hair, wear panty hose at all times outside, and wear long sleeves to cover their elbows. I once heard a woman say, “This is holiness,” referencing how she was dressed.  That frightens me. I love the Lord but I am not holy as He is holy. I want to be and one day I will be. However, when I am clothed in sinful flesh, I live a life of daily dying and renewing my mind to be more like Him. Holiness is much more than appearances. When I see the LORD, I don't believe I will be cocky because of whatever I did on earth in an effort to be holy. My cry will be, "Don't look at me, look at your Son, my Lord Jersus Christ! He died for me!" Our holiness comes from Christ. We need to cling tightly to Him, but don't worry, He is clinging tightly to you and that is much more important!

No comments:

Post a Comment