Thursday, November 17, 2022

11-17-2022 Devotion: Give Thanks

 1 Thessalonians 5: 18 reads: "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." This verse tells us to “give thanks” in all circumstances, not just once a year, but all the time. In our company, I will hear someone shout, "Praise the Lord," when things go right for their business deal. I want to hear that same, "Praise the Lord," when things don't go the way you planned. When you do that, that is real thanksgiving! The verse also states that giving thanks “is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.” I hear people ask all the time, "I need to know the will of God for my life." If you come to me and ask what is the will of God for you, I can tell you three specific things that are the will of God for you: Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, and give thanks in everything. That is the will of God for you. If you remember these three things, you will always know the will of God for you. Another reason to give thanks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment