Saturday, November 19, 2022

11-19-2022 Devotion: Everything

 Today, we continue looking at Philippians 4: 6: ""Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." But the reason we are to worry about nothing is because we are to pray about everything. This means that we are to talk to the Lord about everything in our lives. Nothing should be left out. Some years ago, I read about someone coming to Dr. G. Campbell Morgan with this question, “Dr. Morgan, do you think we should pray about the little things in our lives?” Dr. Morgan in his characteristically British manner said, “Madam, can you mention anything in your life that is big to God?” When we say that we take our big problems to God, what do we mean? They are all little stuff to Him. And what we call little He wants us to bring to Him also. As believers we need to get in the habit of bringing everything to Him in prayer—nothing excluded. When I go on an airline trip in my car, I invite the Lord Jesus Christ to go along with me. I talk to Him and tell Him everything about Barry Jenkins, things I wouldn’t tell you or anyone else. I tell Him everything. I think we ought to learn to do that. We ought to pray about everything. If we do, we will reduce worry and stress. That is far better than a therapist!

No comments:

Post a Comment