Sunday, November 27, 2022

11-27-2022 Devotion: Challenges

 We can learn much about facing challenges from Habakkuk. When he was facing the threat of the Chaldeans coming and destroying the people, he still rejoiced in the Lord: "Though the fig tree should not blossom and there be no fruit on the vines, though the yield of the olive should fail and the fields produce no food, though the flock should be cut off from the fold and there be no cattle in the stalls, yet I will exult in the Lord, I will rejoice in the God of my salvation. The Lord God is my strength, and He has made my feet like hinds' (mountain goats) feet and makes me walk on my high places." (Habakkuk 3: 17-19) Consider the circumstances: a powerful enemy is headed your way to kill you, there is no food or drink (and remember this was an agricultural community) and there appears little hope in the eventual outcome. Yet, Habakkuk's response is to recognize God's Sovereignty and wisdom and trust in Him. That is a recipe for dealing with the adversities of life. We recognize Who is in charge and trust His Providence that His Will and Purposes will be fulfilled. Now, you can sleep at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment