Wednesday, November 23, 2022

11-23-2022 Devotion: Inhale Exhale

 We will continue looking at Colossians 4: 2: " Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving...." These two words go together: Pray and watch and of course, it should be done with thanksgiving. I’m afraid we hear a lot of pretend religious nonsense about prayer. Recently, I had to be tested for skin cancer. The doctor took a biopsy and determined that I had skin cancer, and they recommended an operation immediately. Friend, I could have come home and taken the approach that God will heal me. I prayed for healing so why go back to the doctor.The doctors recommended a special surgery to remove the cancer. I agreed and had the surgery.  If you want to be an intelligent thinking Christian (and I think you do), then we need to pray and take steps to bring about what you have prayed for.  One old preacher said: An old pastor in Georgia used to make this statement: “When a farmer prays for a corn crop, God expects him to say ‘Amen’ with a hoe.” If you are praying about a certain matter, get busy with it. Then you trust the Lord, and He will bring you through it. That is what I did.” Watch and pray. Be on the job. This is so practical, and do so with thanksgiving. Be sure and thank God always because He is going to hear and answer your prayer. Maybe it won’t be the answer you wanted, but He will answer. This is like breathing: inhale by prayer, exhale by thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment