Thursday, August 11, 2022

8-11-2022 Devotion: Evil Men

 Proverbs 24: 1: "Be not thou envious against evil men, neither desire to be with them." You and I need to recognize our place in life. It is going to make us happier people if we realize that God has put each of us in our own particular place to fulfill a purpose here on earth that is according to His perfect plan. I look at wicked men who are prosperous, and I don’t understand it. I have told God that I don’t understand it. Don’t you be afraid to tell it to God just as the psalmist did (Psalm 73). The important thing is for you to go on with God, trusting Him to work it all out. We need to learn to look at things from God’s point of view. The Bible is full of instances of wicked men who came to a bad end. It starts with Cain in the Book of Genesis. Even a man like Lot, although he was a saved man, chose to live in the city of Sodom and prospered there, but there came a day when he wished he had not moved to Sodom. It was a sad mistake for him to do that. So if you will go through the Word of God, you will find people who prospered for a time and then see how judgment has come time and time again. This is very important for us to understand. While I may struggle with this verse, I also submit to God's Sovereignty. He does all things perfectly. Trust Him and not your independent thinking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment