Sunday, August 7, 2022

8-7-2022 Devotion: No Argument From Me

 Proverbs 21: 30: "There is no wisdom nor understanding nor counsel against the LORD." I used to become very alarmed by the errors I heard being taught by men who were supposed to be church leaders. I thought it was my duty to sort of ring the fire bell every morning to defend the Word of God. Then this verse came to my attention and it changed me. “There is no wisdom nor understanding nor counsel against the LORD.” I began to realize that God is able to defend Himself, and He is able to defend His Word. “We can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.” That doesn't mean I don't confront error, but it is not my job to defend God. I have been present when I have heard well meaning "Christians" try to explain away God's Sovereignty by apologizing for events occurring to one they were trying to save (in their own power). Now, I speak the truth from the Word of God and stop. I don't defend God (He doesn't need my help) and I don't try to win an argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment