Wednesday, December 21, 2022

12-21-2022 Devotion: Sweet Rest

 As we continue to look at the holiday "Christmas," we are focusing on making a "Christian invitation." It is found in Matthew 11: 28: "Come unto me, all that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." I want you to think about the word "rest." Many people today feel like they are in a rat race that never stops. Rising inflation, job insecurity, financial concerns, all these things hinder one's ability to rest. The beauty of the invitation is that the one coming to the Lord Jesus Christ doesn't need to bring rest or work it up. It will be a consequence of one coming to Christ if repentance and faith. Rest is a pleasant thing. Few people today know the sweetness of rest. Yet, rest is one of the principle offers which the Gospel makes to man. While I go about my days, I hear talk of Santa, Frosty the Snowman, and reindeer, but there is no rest found in them. True rest only comes from Christ. That's great news, it is the Gospel, tell someone today. That is the best gift you can give.

No comments:

Post a Comment