Friday, December 30, 2022

12-30-2022 Devotion: He Knows

 Hebrews 4: 15 reads: "For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses." A few days ago the holiday "Christmas" was celebrated. So many people focused on Christ the baby. I have consistently maintained that to do so was an unbiblical practice. No where in Scripture are we directed to pay such homage to a baby. The better position is to focus on the risen glorified Lord of Lords and King of Kings. A scripture like the one day provides real comfort in troubling times. Christ knows our infirmities. He knew what it was like to have needs, to have nothing to ride, nowhere to lay His head, what it is to be in pain, to be despised, abused, reproached and hated. He knows the sorrows of life and the pangs of death by His own experience. He knows what it is like to be tempted to sin and troubled with horrid suggestions from Satan. Though Christ is no longer under these infirmities as He once was, He knows what we experience and He wants to help and comfort us, and do what is best for us in our conditions from His heart full of love for us. He feels as we feel. To me, regardless of what I face today, this brings a rest to my soul. My God will not abandon me. That enables me to stand for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment