Monday, September 12, 2022

9-12-2022 Devotion: Have Mercy

 Psalm 9: 13: "Have mercy upon me, O LORD; consider my trouble which I suffer of them that hate me, thou that liftest me up from the gates of death...." The "gates of death" is a poetic term for the edge of the grave, that is, for being near death. The psalmist is once again crying for mercy. Mercy means to receive pity, compasion, kindness and grace. This is a great way to start every day. When is the last time you asked for mercy from the LORD? Notice the all capitals in LORD. This is the name of God YHVH. He is all powerful and all knowing and He is with you every day. He sees your every move and knows your thoughts. I know my imperfections and that is why I can cry with the Psalmist, "LORD, have mercy upon me!" I suggest you do the same. This is one prayer I pray for my wife and children most every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment