Saturday, September 17, 2022

9-17-2022 Devotion: Praying for the Lost

 Psalm 12: 6: "The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of  earth, purified seven times." Now the wicked boast and use flattery. This will be a tactic of the Antichrist to rise to power. You cannot believe what the wicked say. But the words of the Lord are pure. That is one reason why we need to spend more time in the Word of God. It is the fortress into which God wants to put us. Grasp the times we are in. Sin is abounding more and more. Isaiah 5: 14 says that hell is enlarging itself. Most of the people you know are going to suffer for all eternity if they don't repent and turn to the LORD. We need to be praying for the lost. Many nights I am awakened in the middle of the night and someone's name pops into my head. I will begin to pray that the Holy Spirit will convict them of sin. That He would break up the hardness of their hearts. Further, I ask that God would grant them faith and repentance to be saved. After a while, I am able to fall back to sleep. I want to stop people from going to hell so I give them God's Word and pray. Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment