Saturday, September 3, 2022

9-3-2022 Devotion: The Morning

 Psalm 5: 3: "My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up." Now let me give you a little different translation: “Give ear to my words, O LORD, give heed to my meditation. Listen to the voice of my cry, my King, and my God; for to thee do I pray. LORD, in the morning shalt thou hear my voice; in the morning will I come before thee, and expectantly look up.” This psalm is a morning prayer—in the morning his voice would be lifted unto God. The morning is the best time to lift your heart to God in prayer. This has been a practice of mine for years. I have a daily Bible reading that has me reading through the entire Bible in one year. I cook my wife her breakfast and we read a devotional together and pray. Later, I have a private prayer. I have found this practice to make for a better marriage, preparing me to face the business struggles of the day, and arm me with the Word of God. It is my sword and I always carry it with me. Direct your prayer to the Lord Jesus Christ every morning. It will make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment