Wednesday, September 7, 2022

9-7-2022 Devotion: Prayer

 Psalm 7: 1: "O LORD my God, in thee do I put my trust: save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me...." Another  translation reads: “Jehovah, my God, in thee I seek shelter. Save me from my pursuers, and rescue me, lest like a lion he tear my soul rending in pieces, and no one to deliver” (The Book of Psalms, p. 40). Who is that lion? That is Satan, whom Peter says is on the prowl. “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour” (1 Pet. 5:8). In our own selves, we are no match for Satan. He is powerful but he can be defeated when we resist him and pray. Prayer is our secret weapon. Yet, too often, we don't pray as we should. I think if we really believe in the power of prayer, church prayer meetings would have a high attendance. You should not have to beg or coerce people to pray. If you are a "new creation," you should want to pray. If you don't want to pray, you should check your "birth certificate." 

No comments:

Post a Comment