Wednesday, February 15, 2023

2-15-2023 Devotion: Shield

 We are continuing to look at spiritual warfare for the believer. Remember, true spiritual warfare is not about territories, but instead a fight for the truth. We will look at the next piece of armor our Lord has provided for us. Ephesians 6: 16 reads: " Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked." The shield covered all of the other armor. The shield referred to is a large shield the size of a door. It was the shield of the heavy infantry soldier. A soldier stood behind it and was fully protected. Christ is both the door to salvation and the door that protects the believer from the enemy without. “Faith” enables us to enter the door: “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture”. That is salvation. What about security? Faith places us securely in His hands: “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand”. Faith enables us to lay hold of the Lord Jesus Christ. Faith also enables us to stand behind that shield which will quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. Faith gets us to Christ and faith will keep us secure. We stand behind our faith knowing that Christ will never let anything happen to us without His consent. That is security for the believer.

No comments:

Post a Comment