Thursday, February 23, 2023

2-23-2023 Devotion: Believe

 Acts 16: 31 reads: "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved." True salvation requires Lordship. Until you see Him as Lord, you will never know what it means to be saved. You will never see blood redemption and His sacrifice for you. Most churches try to pass off decisionism (a decision for Jesus), or making a profession of faith, or joining the church as equivalent to salvation. The problem is that people think they are saved when they make a decision for Christ and then when problems arise, they believe their faith is useless because it doesn't help them get what they want. True salvation says, "All I want is the Lord Jesus Christ." True salvation says, " I love my Lord above all else." True salvation says, "All I need is the Lord Jesus Christ." It is not about the flashing lights, rock music for worship, or social community, it is all about Him! Do you know what I mean? I pray you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment