Friday, February 3, 2023

2-3-2023 Devotion: Ponder

 We want to continue focusing on developing our devotional time with the Lord. This is to be a time of excitement and joy, not legalism and drudgery. I love spending time with my wife. I could sit all day with my wife. I adore her and want to know her every thought. The Holy Bible provides communication from the Trinity and I will read and study and meditate on the words. To meditate in Hebrew means "to mutter." I am to keep God's Word in my heart and mind throughout the day. Joshua 1: 8 reads: "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success." I like to read a portion of Scripture and ponder on the words. What is the context? Who is speaking and who is being spoken to? I want to know what the original audience thought the words meant. From there I can see the spiritual principle intended and apply it to my life. This is important in my walking out of my Christian faith. Today's verse tells me it is not enough to speak the words of God, but also to obey them. If we obey, the Word promises good results. Take time to read, study and meditate on the Word of God. You will prosper spiritually.

No comments:

Post a Comment