Monday, February 27, 2023

2-27-2023 Devotion: Weakness

 Today’s devotional:


2 Corinthians 12: 9: "He said to me, "'My grace is sufficient for you.'" Sometimes you and I keep asking the Lord for something to which He has already answered no. If He doesn’t give us what we ask for, we think He has not answered our prayer. More often than not His answer to my prayers is no. And eventually I discovered that His no was the best possible answer He could have given me.  Paul had a thorn in the flesh and asked God to take it away. He said to Paul, “My grace is sufficient for thee.” He said He would not remove the thorn but that He would give Paul the grace to bear the thorn. That is the wonderful thing about it all. “My strength is made perfect in weakness.” In other words, it was obvious in Paul’s ministry that he was so physically weak that the Spirit of God was empowering him. “Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” This was Paul’s response to the Lord’s answer. How do you respond to a "no" from the Lord? I encourage you to follow Paul's example and receive His grace to endure. Your faith will grow and you will be exactly where He wants you to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment