Monday, May 2, 2022

5-2-2022 Devotion: Liberation

 Ephesians 1: 11: "In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will...." I have heard people say, "I'm not comfortable with a view of divine sovereignty that takes away man's free will." However, Divine Sovereignty does not do that. He does not violate the will of any person. When one embraces Divine Sovereignty, it is the most comforting and liberating truth of all. I would not want to live in a world where God is not in charge. To me, that would be the most frightening terrifying existence possible. The fact that every single event in the universe fits perfectly into the will and purposes of our eternally kind, gracious, and good God, is a massive concept with massive benefits and implications. For example, I get a flat tire and I will be late for a meeting. I could get frustrated and that would not change anything. I prefer to believe that the flat tire was God's will and it kept me from being somewhere other than where I am. Maybe, someone ran a red light and would have hit me and I would have been injured. However, the flat tire kept me from that accident. All of a sudden life becomes much more peaceful because I am in God's hands and He is in charge. This was life-changing for me. Please join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment