Monday, May 9, 2022

5-9-2022 Devotion: Prayer Foundations

 There are five points that serve as a foundation of this teaching on prayer:

1. God created man to display the riches of the glory of His grace. “Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the end of the earth, everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made." “[I]n order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory.” (emphasis supplied)

2. Therefore, man has a duty, perhaps a de facto requirement, to act in a way that calls attention to the glory of God's grace. “In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.” “So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” (emphasis supplied) 

When we spend time in prayer we are acting consistent with God's purpose in creating us. Prayer is a duty. We must not neglect to pray. Start with 5 minutes and build from there. This will change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment