Friday, October 21, 2022

10-21-2022 Devotion: Making Peace

 Colossians 1: 20-22 states: "And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight...." “Having made peace through the blood of his cross” means that by His paying the penalty on the cross for your sin and my sin, peace has been made between God the Father and the sinner. God does not approach you today and say, “Look here, I’m against you. You have been rebelling against Me and mocking Me. You are a sinner, and I am forced to punish you for that.” No, God is saying something entirely different to the lost sinner today. He says to you and to me, “I have already borne the punishment, I have already paid the penalty for all your sin. I want you to know that you can come to Me. Peace has already been provided for you in Christ Jesus, if you will just turn and come to Me.” Repentance is essential to salvation. Christ shed His blood for the lost. The sinner comes in repentance, taking full responsibility for his actions, and the Holy Spirit will provide him faith and the sinner will be born again. That is the Gospel. That is the good news. Do you know the good news?

No comments:

Post a Comment