Monday, October 3, 2022

10-3-2022 Devotion: Pray without Ceasing

 We continue our study of some devotional writings from Andrew A Bonar. Bonar (1810-1882) was a minister in the United Kingdom. His devotional writings are very special to me. Today, we look at more on prayer part 4. Bonar wrote: "Delayed answers may be very abundant answers." "Ask God for anything, but let Him judge as to the manner and measure of the giving." Prayer is not an act of manipulation. You are not trying to change God's mind, instead you are changing you. I like to acknowledge God's Sovereignty over every situation that challenges me. I bring my petitions to Him, but at the same time I recognize that He knows best and I submit to His Divine Will. He will use Providential means to bring about His Perfect Will. Not only can I live with that, but I rejoice at it. God is in charge. He knows best. Embrace in prayer these concepts of Providence and Sovereignty. Prayer becomes so much more enjoyable when you know your role. Pray without ceasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment