Friday, October 28, 2022

10-28-2022 Devotion: Righteousness

 We will spend two more days on this verse: John 16: 8-11: "And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me;Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged." Second, He will convict the world of righteousness. Jesus Christ was delivered for our offenses and was raised again for our justification. Jesus Christ returned to the Father because He had completed His work on earth. When He died on the cross, He died a judgment death. He took my guilt and your guilt and He died in our place. But He was raised for our justification. He was raised from the dead that you and I might not only have our sins forgiven, but so that we might have His righteousness added. That is essential because you and I need righteousness. It is not enough to have our sins forgiven. We cannot stand in God’s presence if we are nothing more than pardoned criminals. Christ has given us His righteousness. If we are to have any standing before God, we must be in Christ and He is our righteousness. We call this imputed righteousness. Christ becomes our sin sacrifice and He gives us His righteousness in return. The Holy Spirit makes this real to your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment