Saturday, October 8, 2022

10-8-2022 Devotion: Sovereignty Part 3

 We continue looking at the Sovereignty of God. Isaiah 14: 24: "The LORD of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand." At the time of writing, Babylon had not become a world power. Yet, the LORD is having Isaiah foretell that the current great power being Assyria will be overtaken. That I will break the Assyrian in my land, and upon my mountains tread him under foot: then shall his yoke depart from off them, and his burden depart from off their shoulders [Isa. 14:24–25]. The principle of Who is in charge of world events is made clear by these verses. What God thinks will happen. His Purposes will come to fruition. This is a comfort to me when I see what is happening in our country. Things that used to be considered good are now bad. Things considered bad are now good. My comfort comes from knowing and believing that our LORD is in control of every detail occurring today. That makes me sleep better.

No comments:

Post a Comment