Saturday, October 1, 2022

10-1-2022 Devotion: Prayer as Seed

 We continue our study of some devotional writings from Andrew A Bonar. Bonar (1810-1882) was a minister in the United Kingdom. His devotional writings are very special to me. Today, we look at more on prayer part 2. Bonar wrote: "O brother, pray; in spite of Satan, pray; spend hours in prayer; rather neglect friends than not pray; rather fast, and lose breakfast, dinner, tea, and supper--and sleep too--than not pray. And we must not talk about prayer, we must pray in right earnest. The Lord is near. He comes softly while the virgins slumber. You may almost hear the breathing of the slumberers, and the tread of Him who comes into the camp as David did to Saul's, ere ever we are aware.``  "Prayer is seed sown on the heart of God." If you want a spiritual harvest, plant some spiritual seed by praying. Next to reading the Bible, prayer is the most important part of your day. When I look back on my life, the one regret I have is that I did not pray more often. Now, I pray daily for my wife, my children. my grandchildren, my employees, and others that have special requests. Make prayer an essential part of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment