Wednesday, January 18, 2023

1-18-202# Devotion: The Morning

 I want to continue with thoughts about a private devotional life. This is so important to be walking with the Lord. I recommend a good daily devotional, a prayer book and of course the Holy Bible. I like to start every day with a "Morning Prayer." This is the first thing I try to do every day. I encourage you to do the same. The following is a "Morning Prayer" I wrote years ago:

Morning Prayer

Blessed Heavenly Father, I thank You and praise You

That You have protected me through the night

And mercifully restored my soul to me.

I am refreshed and ready for Your calling today.


As I follow Your commandments today

May I show the compassion and love of Christ

To one of Your creations today.


May my life be a blessing to You today;

And also to someone who needs to see You in me.

No matter what occurs today, let me never forget that 

This is the day You have made and I will rejoice and be glad in it.


All power and authority is with You

And I will praise You today.

In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ I pray,

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment